Thursday, March 12, 2009

Birthdays.

That photo? Yeah, those are the birthday cupcakes my roommate made me! I'm lucky! The really sprinkly one is my Special birthday cupcake- just because it has a crap-ton more "jimmies" as my Dad would call them. They are funfetti cake, too. I'm a lucky girl.

Ah, birthdays.

This year I'll be 26. 25 was ok, i guess. I did some cool stuff. Hung out with some kids in Lawrenceville, helped win a presidential election, moved to Colorado, did a lot of theater projects...yeah, its been a busy year.

Its 9:48 here and I always get a little freaked out as midnight draws near. Technically, i won't be 26 until noonish tomorrow, but i don't know. I always get freaked out. I think it has something to do with an episode of Sesame Street that portrayed the characters celebrating the New Year, and of course, Elmo being the idiot that he is was all freaked out because he "had no idea where the old year goes" when the new year arrives at midnight. Whatever man, i expect that kind of behavior from Cookie Monster, but come on, Elmo....it's amazing how what you do/see as a child affects you when you are in your mid-twenties....

Aaaaaanyways. So yeah, birthdays. I'm really missing being home right now. And my grandfather. This will probably be the saddest birthday just because I am so far from home and my grandfather's birthday falls on the 10Th, so we always celebrated together. I'm still going to celebrate my life, because life is a great gift, but i won't be able to help myself from wandering back to the good ol' days.

Here's to another year of trying to get "it" right!

No comments:

Post a Comment