Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Time With the Kindergarteners:A Thesis.

Today was my second day at work. I was given the kindergarten class. I started out with about 5, and that was ok but then about 10 of them came back from ju jitsu and that's when things got tricky. The scene: the Big Playground.

If i've learned anything today, its to Never Trust a Kindergartener. Not because they are tiny, not because they have little life experience, but because they will con you out of everything you've ever known. NEVER TRUST THEM. They know fully what they are doing, like when one today asked me if he could go get a drink of water in the gym because it "tastes better than the water in the classroom" oh HELL NO, Son. Or when three tried to explain to me that they NEEDED to be on the soccer field because thats where they were meeting Bobafett. I'm sure Bobafett is ok with meeting you near the monkey bars- there's plenty of room for him to land with his jetpack. Upon saying "no" again, i had three little pairs of arms wrapped around my legs continuously begging. I remained strong. I stuck by my decision. I offered them my cellphone to call Bobafett to alert him of the new meeting place. They said no.

Sure, they are cute, little have tiny little voices and eyes the size of basketballs, but NEVER TRUST THEM.

The amount of kindergarteners in our country at any given moment should determine the National Security Level. I'm sending a letter to Congress.

1 comment:

  1. i like your pink blog! and yes i've been working with the K students too and they are a tricky bunch with plenty of personality. it's too bad all that will beaten out of them by the rigid public school system soon enough. Leah is happy. I have 2 wks of school left. until i get 1 wk off before summer classes start. i hope i can come and visit you in loveland - i'll keep you posted on that.

    ReplyDelete