Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blizzard

I am trapped. In my house. I had an interview at 2:00 today and a volunteer opportunity after that. Both called me and canceled. When the volunteer dude called, i said "i can't believe you guys think this is a lot of snow..." I laughed to save myself from looking like a jerk afterward, though. But seriously. People in Colorado have no idea how to handle snow. Which is odd, considering 99% of them ski or board....

So, yeah. There is about 8 inches out there right now. Its still going, and plans on going until tomorrow (Friday) morning at about 6am.

Its good to see some precipitation, though. Its so dry out here and Boulder/surrounding areas are prone to brush fires. Brush fires that like, burn houses down. Fires that mean serious business. There have been two (that i know of) since I got out here.

Hopefully everyone has bread and milk. And heat. Its 21 degrees outside and I can't help but think of the homeless people. There's a lot here for some reason (i guess it isn't any different than the rest of the world...).

No comments:

Post a Comment